Crispy Chicken Wings
Updated: Apr 21, 2021
I'm not much into sports, but I always show up for the food and, of course, the Puppy Bowl! When the Super Bowl was held in San Francisco, I actually got to attend the Puppy Bowl and that was SIIIIICK. Anyways, one of my favorite game-time finger foods is a crispy buffalo chicken wing. This is the perfect dish to serve no matter which teams are playing in the Super Bowl - or as I like to call it, the final football episode of the year. These wings are not fried, but they're still super crispy so it's basically a health food!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
2 lbs of chicken wings, party wings with the flats and drummettes
2 tablespoons of baking powder
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
Buffalo sauce (such as Frank's RedHot)
Ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. First, pat the chicken wings down with a paper towel and make sure they are very dry. If any moisture is left behind they will steam and not crisp, which is not ideal for a crispy wing am I right?
3. Put the wings in a large bowl and stir in the baking powder and seasonings to coat them.
4. Line a sheet pan with foil, then place a wire rack over the pan. Spray the rack with avocado oil and then place the wings on top. Don't overcrowd your wings or they won't get crispy.
5. Put the wings on the bottom rack of your oven and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Then crank up the heat to 450 degrees and move the wings to the top rack for 25 minutes, then flip the wings and continue to cook for another 20 minutes.
7. Pour the wings into a bowl and pour in as much sauce as you'd like, stir to coat, and enjoy with dipping sauces and your celery and carrot sticks!